Pinecrest Orthodontics COVID-19 Reopening Safety Measures
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the safety of both our team and our patients.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are established so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe during this unprecedented time.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Additionally, our office has gone above-and-beyond to provide utmost insurance of a safe and healthy environment for our patients and our staff. We have installed anti-viral, HEPA filters in the office A/C units, acrylic barriers at our front desk area, and have also purchased additional protective equipment for our staff for use during procedures. In addition, we have converted our tooth brushing station to a hand washing station, and we have removed our coffee station, magazines, books and toys in the reception area to eliminate additional areas of potential cross contamination.
When you arrive to our office for your next appointment, we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines until further notice:
- Anyone entering the office MUST wear a mask.
- Patients, please brush your teeth prior to arriving to the office.
- All patients must present to the reception area upon arrival to have their temperature taken and answer basic screening questions.
- Anyone with a fever will be asked to leave the office and visit his or her doctor. We will reschedule these appointments.
- We ask that you wash your hands at the hand washing station when you enter the office. We will also have hand sanitizer available in the office.
- Only patients will be allowed in the waiting room, with the exception of those who require a guardian or caregiver to be present. ONE adult if necessary may accompany minors, but we prefer that parents wait in the car for routine visits. Our plaza’s “drive thru” lane will be open, where parents can drop their child off and return to pick them up when they receive a call that their visit is complete. We will safely accompany the child back out to their vehicle.
- Patients who prefer may remain in their vehicle and check in by phone. We will then call when we are ready to see you so that you do not need to wait in the office.
- Please sit six feet apart and/or maintain social distancing. We have altered our seating arrangements to help with this.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that fewer options are offered for scheduling your appointment. We may also ask that certain procedures be scheduled on a specific day or at a specific time.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. For questions or to check on an appointment, please call our office at (305) 423-4130. Also follow us on social media for additional updates and information (IG @pinecrestortho or FB @pinecrestorthodontics).
Thank you for being our patient and for the confidence you continue to show in us. We value your trust and loyalty and are excited to welcome back our patients, neighbors and friends very soon!
Dr. Rothman and your Pinecrest Orthodontics Team
To book a consultation call 305-423-4130